How to Amp Up Your Workouts with Hearing Aids
Building a regular exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is usually not pleasant. We do it principally for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to overcome the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only delivers a distraction but also produces the determination and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You may not feel like going to the gym today, but put on your favorite music and all of a sudden you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be helpful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning state of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have an exercise partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, target and accentuate speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to maintain a discussion with your partner in a busy gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you might be concerned about possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant to dirt and moisture to some extent, there are a number of accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Think of investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, guarding them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become accidentally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – maintaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!