Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be hard to recognize because of how gradually hearing loss typically advances. Unlike children, who get regular hearing tests in school, adults rarely even consider scheduling an appointment. So why would your hearing be any less important than your vision?
It’s important to get routine hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can reveal potential hearing issues. Ask yourself these questions: Do I frequently ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to crank up the volume on the TV? Do noisy settings make discussions challenging? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you answered yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing issues, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will utilize baselines, which will provide a frame of reference for further comparison to monitor changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing tests can identify problems early on, like earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for prompt intervention and preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can on occasion point to inherent medical disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. If you do have one of these conditions, managing it might help your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Remaining alert to important sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully participate in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can enhance your total quality of life.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, your grandchildren’s laughter, or a loved one’s voice.
Make an appointment for a hearing exam with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.